Global Development: What Should We Focus On and How Will We Measure Success?
Global Development: What should we focus on and how will we measure success?
Thu, April 16, 2015; 13:15 - 14:30
Location: SBS, Lecture Theatre 4
The urgent need to address social issues has driven numerous attempts to frame, prioritize and measure development efforts. While these initiatives play a vital role in driving dialogue, channeling resources and catalyzing action, they are often fraught with controversy and tension—particularly between top down and bottom up constituencies. Join leaders at the forefront of the most prominent global initiatives to prioritize and measure progress, along with social innovators who are working on the frontlines. Expect candid dialogue on how these efforts help, how they harm and how they can be improved.
Written by Pamela Hartigan:
- They Think They Know the Future
- They Are Propelled by Emotion
- They Are Insanely Ambitious
- They Want to Change the System
- Orlando Rincón Bonilla
- From Social Activist to Disruptive Innovator
- What Makes Them Unreasonable?
- Ten Characteristics of Successful Social Entrepreneurs
- Who Are These Social Entrepreneurs?
- Roots of Unreason, Sources of Power
Featuring Pamela Hartigan:
- The Age Before Impossible: Young Voices, Big Dreams
- Global Development: What should we focus on and how will we measure success?
- Is the Traditional Role of a Teacher Outdated?
- The Founders' Challenge: To Scale And Keep The Vision Alive | SWF2014
- Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship 2013 Day Two Morning Plenary
- Pamela Hartigan - 2013 Skoll World Forum - Day 2 Welcoming Remarks
- Morning Plenary 2012
- Pamela Hartigan at the Morning Plenary of the Skoll World Forum
- Pamela Hartigan speaks at the closing plenary of the Skoll World Forum 2011
- Pamela Hartigan on an ecosystem approach to issues
- See all >
Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
Written by Bjorn Lomborg:
Featuring Bjorn Lomborg:
Copenhagen Consensus Center
Written by Bunker Roy:
Founder and Director
Written by Dorothy Stoneman:
Written by Patrick Awuah:
Featuring Patrick Awuah:
Founder and President
Featuring Tomas Anker Christensen:
Senior Advisor for Partnerships