Divesting from Fossil Fuels/Investing in Healthy Energy
Fri, April 17, 2015; 11:45 - 13:00
Location: SBS, Seminar 2
As the public health consequences of climate change become more dire in their scope, the health sector is waking up to a new healing mission: health professionals need to take the lead on climate change mitigation and advocacy. This session will focus on how health systems and health associations are investing in renewable energy as a strategy to improve global health while divesting from fossil fuels as part of their mission-related and moral imperative.
Written by Gary Cohen:
- Unlikely Champions Unite to Protect Antibiotics and Public Health
- The Case for Health Care to Transition Away from Fossil Fuels
- The Purpose of Healthcare
- Lessons in Forging Global Change
- Protecting Public Health From Climate Change
- Health Care Needs to Lead the Fight Against Climate Change
- What does Climate Change Have to Do With Health Care?
- Transforming Healthcare for the 21st Century: Innovations from the Ground Up
Featuring Gary Cohen:
Co-Founder and President
Health Care Without Harm