Achieving the China Dream
Achieving The China Dream
Thu, April 10, 2014; 13:15 - 14:30
Location: SBS, Lecture Theatre 4
The severe numbers in China are staggering: greenhouse gases, farming families without land rights, inadequate social services, and pollution. Social entrepreneurs have been lonely voices for change in a threatening landscape. Now they are finding interest in the Chinese media and new partnerships with the Chinese government. What does the future look like? Will urbanization push these issues to the forefront or the backburner? Many global issues cannot be solved unless China helps lead a global path forward. Should we be hopeful?
Written by Jenny Bowen:
- Putting a Caring Adult in the Life of Every Orphaned Child
- My Modest Proposal...Why Not?
- Half the Sky: A Voice for Children, Taking It on the Road
- Half the Sky: Taking Our Solution to Scale
- Half the Sky: A Rainbow for China’s Children
- Half the Sky Foundation Founder and CEO Talks About 'Wish You Happy Forever'
- Millions of Forgotten Children, No Longer Forgotten
- The China Challenge: Is It Worth the Effort?
- Half the Sky's Village Raises Zhenhao
Founder and CEO
Half the Sky Foundation
Written by Tim Hanstad:
Co-founder & Senior Advisor