Community Development: Transforming What Is Possible
Thu, March 26, 2009; 10:45 - 12:15
Practitioner Showcase: It has long been recognised that real change for real people in communities around the world happens from the ground up. Social entrepreneurs have learned that it is only with the support of community members – from tribal chiefs to the school teachers, midwives to factory managers – that long-term, sustainable social change can be achieved. Three leaders will discuss the strategies they used to develop and maintain engagement with local communities to create new opportunities for economic self reliance and poverty alleviation.
Written by Keely Stevenson:
- Closing this Chapter
- Post Office offers Girl Child Insurance
- Naked Swiss & Spider in Space!
- Confession: My Connections with Tijuana Drug Dealers
- MyC4- investing in African Entrepreneurs
- Update on Believe Begin Become in TZ
- Social Enterprise Funding Opportunties
- Scenes of Silence
- Fashionably Fond of the Producers
- How Much is Enough?
- See all >
Written by Martin Burt:
Featuring Martin Burt:
Founder and CEO
Written by Vera Cordeiro:
Founder and Board President